Golf and sports injuries are not something you hear very often in a sentence together but it’s a lot more common then people think. Because of the repetitive, one-sided nature of the golf swing we commonly see muscular injuries in the lower back, hips, shoulder and elbows. Receiving regular treatments can help golfers from getting injured and helps to improve your swing by not allowing your club path to be affected from muscle tightness.
Sports Massage for Golfers
As a golfer you need a form of massage specifically designed for your sport. Adding sports massage can improve your performance as well as decrease your chances of getting injured.
Golfers around the world rely on massage as an important part of their training regimen. Sports Massage techniques, when used regularly, can increase the blood flow that is needed for recovery. Also, it will improve the range of motion and strength of injured muscles and accelerate their healing process. With a full recovery you will be able to increase your workouts and allow your body to adapt to a higher level of stress.
Sports Massage can:
- Enhance body awareness
- Identify problem areas before they develop into injuries
- Remove trigger points formed as a result of injury
- Relax and stretch muscles
- Improve range of motion
- Restore suppleness and elasticity
- Relieve pain and stress
- Free muscle adhesions and soften scar tissue caused by injury or overuse
- Improve circulation
- Flush out toxins that cause muscle stiffness and soreness
- Relax the body and mine
- Speed recovery and healing from exertion